Photography Cafe
May 22, 2018, 10:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Gallery Help Arcade Cafe Book Nook Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Nikon Doing Enough??  (Read 5497 times)
greenwise
Way To Go
Album

Allow Photo Edit?: Yes

Awards
« on: November 30, 2014, 4:31 PM »

Given Nikon recent slew of FX cameras over the last year im not really convinced they have backed up the DX corner with the same conviction.

Is DX over the hill for Nikon ??
Are they about to make 2015 the year of the DX camera ??

I've recently opted for a Nikon D750 after playing the waiting game for a new DX body got the better of me  Shocked
The D750 is all i hoped it would be and more... autofocus is faster then Mo Farrah and the ISO capability really is amazing!!

I am over the moon about my choice, and am just wondering if any other members are also playing the Nikon DX waiting game ??
Best Regards
Greenwise

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 9:00 PM by Pat » Logged
BigAl
Global Moderator
Album

Mr. Outspoken

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 5:47 PM »

I think that Nikon are playing the waiting game. Like most technology companies, they will not release a new model whilst the current range is selling well. If they put something new out too soon their current stock would stay in the warehouse till they were forced to drop the prices.

Business is all about getting the market right; too soon and they lose money, too late and another manufacturer steals their potential customers.

Photographers should never fall out over a small TIFF.
greenwise
Way To Go
Album

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2014, 1:20 AM »

I think that Nikon are playing the waiting game. Like most technology companies, they will not release a new model whilst the current range is selling well. If they put something new out too soon their current stock would stay in the warehouse till they were forced to drop the prices.

Business is all about getting the market right; too soon and they lose money, too late and another manufacturer steals their potential customers.

reckon if their wait is much longer the Canon camp may start to get bigger with the arrival of the Canon 7dmk2.  Quite a beast on paper !!
RockArea
Top Gun
Album

Awap-bop-aloobop, awop-bam-boom

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2014, 4:17 AM »

Nikon divide their DSLRs into Professional and Consumer ranges. The D300s is the only DX  format camera in the Nikon Professional range and it's now 5 years old. It's the oldest camera in the range if you don't count the D3x which is still available although it has largely been replaced by the D4.

So maybe Nikon have decided that in future their pro cameras will be full frame although I'm not sure why they continue to keep the D300s in the range. I can't imagine that its sales are very high when it's spec is so far behind.

Although I moved up from a D300 to my current D800 a couple of years ago I would have preferred a D400 and probably still would just from the point of view of the size of the kit I'm carrying around now. I doubt it will happen, I imagine that the D300s will disappear from the range and that will be that!

I still have my D300. I wonder if there's a boffin out there who could fit it with a new 24Mp sensor and Expeed 3 processing?

David

"That's alright, I still have my guitar" J. M. Hendrix
greenwise
Way To Go
Album

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2014, 1:23 PM »

Nikon divide their DSLRs into Professional and Consumer ranges. The D300s is the only DX  format camera in the Nikon Professional range and it's now 5 years old. It's the oldest camera in the range if you don't count the D3x which is still available although it has largely been replaced by the D4.

So maybe Nikon have decided that in future their pro cameras will be full frame although I'm not sure why they continue to keep the D300s in the range. I can't imagine that its sales are very high when it's spec is so far behind.

Although I moved up from a D300 to my current D800 a couple of years ago I would have preferred a D400 and probably still would just from the point of view of the size of the kit I'm carrying around now. I doubt it will happen, I imagine that the D300s will disappear from the range and that will be that!

I still have my D300. I wonder if there's a boffin out there who could fit it with a new 24Mp sensor and Expeed 3 processing?

David

I still would like a DX camera for the greater focal length, and if a D7200 / D9300 was to come out I would have to run for the hills to stop my card coming out again...ive only just recovered from the financial dent the D750 has left !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: