Photography Cafe
May 22, 2018, 10:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE...
If your images win Photo of the Day, Photo of the Week,
or Photo of the Month, please do NOT delete your images
from your albums after they have been given one of these titles.
When the photo is deleted, it leaves broken links
on our site and that is unacceptable. Thank you!  Smiley

Home   Forum   Gallery Help Arcade Cafe Book Nook Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I did it again :)  (Read 3696 times)
shooters_desire
Frequent Fotog
Album

Allow Photo Edit?: Yes

Shooters.desireIN

WWW Awards
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:48 PM »

Someone asked me who teaches Photography what kind of photographer i was? that stuck to me and i started finding myself not liking certain kinds of photography. What i found out is ! I like shooting images for HDR. The camera i bought a few months ago wasn't the camera i wanted. So the camera i got on a trade plus 500.00 more worth of equipment was the the Nikon D300. I can take up to 7 brackets with that camera. I like the feel much better as well. I use to own one back in 2010 before i got on this FFS buzz. So once again i changed cameras. I change cameras like people change underwear lol. But seriously i haven't felt this good about a camera since i had my D300 last year. I simply love it... GO NIKON

"Worship God, because the testimony about Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a fiery flame, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knows except Himself. Rev 19:13 He wore a robe stained with blood, and His name is called the Word of God.
Pat
Administrator
Album

Guelph, ON, Canada & Winchester, VA

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:57 PM »

Nikon

Plossl
Top Gun
Album

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2011, 2:54 AM »

Nikon Nikon Nikon Nikon

Amateurs worry about equipment, Professionals worry about time, Masters worry about light.
Sheryl
High Fivers
Album

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2011, 9:36 AM »

Good for you David! Can't wait to see some photos in the gallery. Have fun!

Nikon Nikon Nikon

Write your worries in sand and carve your blessings in stone.
BigAl
Global Moderator
Album

Mr. Outspoken

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2011, 10:01 AM »

I love my D700 so I am a Nikon fan too. But we mustn't forget that other manufacturers have their plus points and produce the goods that suit some people more than would a Nikon equivalent.

Photographers should never fall out over a small TIFF.
shooters_desire
Frequent Fotog
Album

Shooters.desireIN

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Yes big Al.. Canon has such great L lenses at an affordable prices. You can get a 50d for around 750 or less. The 60d new is 1000.00. The more consumer line cameras like the canon rebel series is a good group as well. Sony if they would only get off there butts they could be neck and neck with the big ones. I think the reason why sony hasn't jumped into the pro series cameras is they make the sensors for nikon and Canon. They discontinued the a900. Sony's images are a lot like nikon's with a dark tone to them but if i was to refer a camera to anyone because of lens choices i would recommend canon or nikon any day Preferably Nikon lol
 One thing i have noticed about cameras its like electronics. The more it does the more it cost. Like the difference between the d3100 & the D7000. Same sensors but they don't add as much to the d3100 camera to change the prices. or the difference between the d60 & the 7D. For me the older model d300 is better for me then the new d7000. I like the feel and the professionalism of the d300 and i can get up to 9 brackets with the camera.

Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a fiery flame, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knows except Himself. Rev 19:13 He wore a robe stained with blood, and His name is called the Word of God.
Hatter
Administrator
Album

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2011, 5:07 PM »

You poor misguided people....Grin      Canon

Zoot
Top Gun
Album

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2011, 5:35 PM »

You poor misguided people....Grin      Canon

I agree...    Olympus   Olympus   Olympus   Olympus   Olympus

If you think you are too old to Rock 'n' Roll - you are!
All sax is good sax...
Photography requires vision

Sheryl
High Fivers
Album

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2011, 6:55 PM »

Hey Guys, hate to interrupt such a fascinating debate/conversation but what are the brackets that David keeps mentioning? Call me clueless in Illinois. Smiley

Seven_Wishes
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2011, 7:34 PM »

Ok “Clueless in Ilinois”  2funny a bracketed shot is a multiple exposure of the same scene ... usually you can set the exposure for each shot from a third to a full stop, or two stop difference, the idea is to capture the whole tonal range in the image from shadows through to light, those who shoot for the sole purpose of HDR will normally bracket an exposure with up to seven shots ... but it can be used for blending images and blending focus amongst other things.
BigAl
Global Moderator
Album

Mr. Outspoken

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2011, 7:39 PM »

... but what are the brackets that David keeps mentioning?

Dear Clueless in Illinois
It's really a jargonistic way of saying "bracketed exposures." You can set some cameras to take 'bracketed exposure' shots. Then you also set the camera to 'rapid fire'.
When you hold the shutter button down it takes a series of shots that range from underexposed to overexposed in equal steps. The number of shots in a bracketed sequence can range from 3, 5, 7, 9 to even 11.

There are several ways to use the images. You could choose your preferred exposure (in a high contrast scene) and discard the rest. You could pick one and edit bits in from the others to fill in shadows or give the detail back to blown skies. But the main use is to combine all the images into one to generate an HDR version.
Alan (Clueless in Hampshire)

Photographers should never fall out over a small TIFF.
Sheryl
High Fivers
Album

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2011, 7:51 PM »

Thanks guys as always. How else am I supposed to learn if I don't ask the questions, right? Smiley

Harry7mc
Top Gun
Album

Auld Father Tyne!!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2011, 2:31 AM »

Sheryl! Keep asking the questions !! The answers make great reading, sometimes jogging the old memory Thumb Up
 We have a saying in 'Geordieland'   " Shy Bairns get Nowt!" keep up the good work on the questions.

The more I practice the Luckier I get!
-- Garry Player / Lee Trevino.
RockArea
Top Gun
Album

Awap-bop-aloobop, awop-bam-boom

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2011, 8:24 AM »

I find it very strange that as a bloke who likes to have all the latest gizmos and update everything as frequently as I can I still love my Nikon D300 and feel no desire to change it. I'm sure that the D300s is a fine camera but it doesn't seem to have anything I want. It might be good to go full frame and the Nikon D700 or the Canon 5D Mk2 would be great choices but even with the Nikon, the expense and inconvenience of changing most of the lenses I have and the difference it would make to the lenses I don't have to change make it too much of a faff to consider.

I like my D300 and I'm happy to stick with it until a significant improvement comes along. Enjoy yours, David, but remember it's the photographer that takes the photograph not the camera.

David

"That's alright, I still have my guitar" J. M. Hendrix
Neou
High Fivers
Album

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2011, 10:41 AM »

Another case for my old saying.
"It's not the size of the boat or the motion of the ocean. It's how the captain navigates!"
shooters_desire
Frequent Fotog
Album

Shooters.desireIN

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2013, 1:09 PM »

After losing my sony a77 to financial hard times a year and a half ago its been hard to get motivated to come back to photography but a few months ago i was able to pickup a Nikon d90 and a few lenses to get back into the groove of things. (boy do i miss Nikon) What a difference there is in sony and nikon and even canon speaking on my own behalf.
 I just prefer Nikon even though i can't afford most of there lenses. The D90 is a jewel of a camera. Light not as big as the d300 which i am becoming accustom to. I picked up a Tamron 70-300 di vc usd lens with a 100.00 rebate in exchange for a tokina 12-24 f4 because the auto focus wasn't working right. Luckily Jack's exchanged it out for another lens. Also for now the Nikon 18-70 3.5-4.5 is one sharp lens. Although in the future i wil be looking for a lens like it with a better range and larger aperture and VR. Someday not sure if it will happen the D7000 will be in my plans but for now the D90 is fantastic.....

Pipeman
Top Gun
Album

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2013, 1:24 PM »

Delighted that you are "back in the groove"! Thumb Up

A bit like Victor Meldrew.
shooters_desire
Frequent Fotog
Album

Shooters.desireIN

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2013, 3:40 PM »

Thank You pipeman Thumb Up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: